Our purpose here is to set forth goals for the enhancement of racial and ethnic diversity in real estate brokerages, and the state and local REALTORS® Associations.
We, the Nebraska REALTORS® Association (The Real Estate Community), have agreed to join together and move towards achieving a greater level of diversity in our profession.
We take great pride in our profession. Ours is a profession that represents the rights of all people in the pursuit of real estate ownership. We, as real estate brokers understand the meaning of the words Equal Opportunity. We also understand that more real estate brokers of color and diverse ethnic origins need to be recruited into our ranks of real estate brokerages and associations within Nebraska.
We believe that the Nebraska real estate community has chosen to make a difference and must continue to make this effort throughout the 21st century. We remain committed to encouraging equal opportunity for all.
We are but a microcosm of the greater society within which we live. However, we propose to lead rather than follow, move forward rather than stand still. Although the goals set forth in this Pledge are directed toward greater racial and ethnic diversity in the Nebraska real estate community, we believe that diversity, in its many facets, including without limitation, racial, ethnic, gender, religious, differently abled, and any other protected classes enriches us all.
PLEDGE TO RACIAL AND ETHNIC DIVERSITY IN THE NEBRASKA REAL ESTATE COMMUNITY
The Nebraska REALTORS® Association Pledges:
I. To continue to pursue full and equal protection of all real estate professionals of color and diverse ethnic origins at all professional levels in the real estate community.
(1) The real estate community shall join together to continue to recruit allparties of diverse groups.
(2) This community shall continue to promote equal access and opportunity for training, mentoring, guidance, evaluation, and opportunities to grow and succeed.
(3) This community shall continue to provide all parties to participate in administrative, professional, social, and marketing activities.
(4) This community shall continue to encourage its members including those of color and diverse ethnic origin to fully participate in leadership roles.
(5) This community shall continue to promote and foster racial and ethnic diversity at all levels.
(6) The community hereby reconfirms its strong policy against discrimination at any level.
II. The Real Estate Community shall encourage and endorse the following steps:
(1) The continued establishment of efforts to initiate, evaluate, and improve recruitment programs for all interested applicants.
(2) To increase the participation, including the participation of people of color and diverse ethnic origins on committees that are responsible for the recruitment, education, evaluation, training, and advancement of all members of the real estate community.
(3) Continue to encourage the education of all real estate students in the Nebraska REALTORS® Association and local association’s education programs.
(4) Encourage an increase in communication and commitment to continue to achieve the objectives stated herein within our community.
III. The following steps shall be taken by the Real Estate Community:
(1) We have not and will not tolerate any display of bigotry, racism, or discrimination within the real estate community.
(2) We will continue to encourage new REALTORS® Association applicants to learn our professions fair housing practices and procedures as stated in the REALTORS® Code of Ethics.
(3) We will continue to promote the availability of opportunities to all of our members to develop skills and acquire experience for success and achievement.
(4) We will continue to promote the establishment of a work environment that is hospitable and congenial to all or our members.